Welcome to Behoma
- We collect your Personal Information when you successfully submit the same on the Website (“User Information”). User Information is the data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a person and/or the business entity that a person represents and shall include, but not be limited to, information regarding your Personal Information, information associated with your social networking platform and such other information for the purposes of identification and verification.
- You may visit the Website and browse the Website without having to provide User Information. Where possible we will indicate which fields are mandatory and which fields are optional while submitting content. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to submit particular information on the Website. When you visit the Website, we may collect certain non-personal information such as your internet protocol address, operating system, browser type, and internet service provider. This type of information does not identify you personally during your visit to the Website.
- By using this Website, you consent to the collection, storage and use of the User Information that you provide for any of the services that we may offer. We collect only such User Information that we believe to be relevant for the purpose of identification and verification.
- We clarify that we shall not be liable, for any reason whatsoever, for the authenticity of any User Information provided by you to us. You hereby confirm that the User Information provided by you is and shall continue to be valid, true and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- To enhance your use of the Website, we may collect technical and navigational information each time you visit the Website and save it in our server logs. These are encrypted statistics, which help us in improving the efficiency of the Website by giving us information relating to your use of the Website. Such information may include details of:
- the server (internet protocol) from where the Website is being accessed;
- the browser and operating system used to browse the Website;
- pages visited;
- details of your last visit to the Website, including time, date and the duration of your session, etc.
- This information may be used by us to understand the number of users visiting the Website, to alert our customers for any software compatibility issues and to gather board demographic information for aggregate use of the Website. While collecting such information, your anonymity is maintained at all times and at no time can you be identified.
- We may retain anonymous or aggregate Personal Information and disclose such data only in a non-personally identifiable manner to:
- advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes;
- vendors selling their products / services on the Website.
- Such information does not identify you individually. Access to User Information and any other Personal Information provided by you provide is strictly restricted and used in accordance with specific internal procedures. We assure that the above-mentioned parties have been selected in accordance with our security policies and practices, and are bound by confidentiality obligations, which may be subjected to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
- We may also use third party vendors to help us provide services to you such as sending emails, hosting and operating a particular feature of the Website. Our contractual arrangements with these third parties outline the appropriate use and handling of your information and prohibit them from using any of your Personal Information for purposes unrelated to the product or service they provide. We require such third parties to maintain confidentiality of information we provide to them.
- You acknowledge that apart from your User Information, if you upload, exchange or submit any data, content, information, pictorial representations and/or images including comments on the Website, then such content may contain your User Information and the same may be available to other users of the Website. We will not be liable in any case whatsoever for the disclosure and dissemination of such User Information on the Website.
- Like most other websites, we use data collection devices known as “cookies” to collect and store information of users visiting the Website. A cookie is an alpha-numeric identifier, which is a small amount of data that is sent to a user’s browser from a web server and is eventually stored on a user’s computer hard drive. Cookies are a reliable mechanism to remember the activities of the user on the Website and help in improving your experience.
- We may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. We may gather information about you through cookie technology. For example, we may assign a cookie to you, to help better determine which of our new stories appeal to your interests. This anonymous information is maintained distinctly and is not linked to the User Information you submit to us.
- The option of accepting cookies is up to you, however certain features of the Website including certain content may not be accessible without accepting cookies. Please note that most internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer. If you choose to eliminate cookies, the full functionality of the Website may be impaired for you.
- User information provided by you is used by us only to provide information that you request. We do not and will not sell or rent user information to anyone or anytime for any reason. Our use of user information includes the following:
- verifying your identity;
- facilitating your use of the Website;
- facilitating successful donation/contribution from the Website;
- responding to your queries or complaints;
- providing you with information about Us and to deliver to you any administrative notices, notifications regarding your usage of the Website and other materials, news updates and campaigns supported by Us;
- fulfilling your requests for certain services and providing you with related user service;
- sending you surveys and marketing communications that We believe may be of interest to you;
- helping you address trouble-shooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- conducting internal reviews and data analysis for the Website (for example, to determine the number of visitors to specific pages on the Website);
- sharing such information with third party contractors that provide services to Us and are bound by the same privacy restrictions;
- improving the content on the Website;
- protecting the integrity of the Website;
- responding to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in relation to an investigation on matters concerning public safety, as permitted by law; and
- User Information may be shared with such third parties as are required for: (a) purposes of providing you with the content and/or services on the Website, and may be subject to the practices of such third parties; or (b) to grow our business which may include our affiliates, strategic partners, investors, suppliers and service providers, as the case maybe. The User Information may be saved in servers, at our sole discretion.
- Except as provided in Clause 6.1 above, we shall disclose the User Information only in circumstances where:
- The user has provided instructions or consent towards such disclosure;
(ii) We, in good faith, believe that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
(a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental or regulatory request;
(c) detect, prevent, prohibit or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
(e) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Behoma, its users or the public as required or permitted by law; and
(iii) If we sell or transfer any of our business or assets, certain user information may be a part of that sale or transfer.SECURITY PRECAUTIONS
- To prevent any form of unlawful interception or misuse of User Information, we use reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the User Information collected. We use secure and technologically appropriate measures, in compliance with the Information Technology Act, 2000 and the rules related to protect you against loss or misuse of your User Information including internal reviews of data collection, storage and processing practices, and other reasonable security measures. These are equivalent to security measures that we use to protect our own confidential information.
- We do not warrant that our Website or any electronic communication made by us is free from virus or other harmful effects. In the event of any errors in transmission or due to an act of a third party, We shall have no liability whatsoever.
- You explicitly agree that your use of the Website is at your own individual risk. You agree and confirm that your User Information may be transferred, processed and stored. You hereby confirm that you have been made aware of the security measures undertaken by us.
- If you use a bulletin board, blog or chat room on the Website, you should be aware that any information/content you submit to us there can be read, collected or used by other users and could be used to send you unsolicited messages.
- We, hereby, disclaim from any and all liabilities that may arise from your action and specify that we are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in these forums. These forums may be hosted by us, by one of our third-party service providers or featured individuals or organizations on our behalf.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, please drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it may take about 10 (ten) days to process your request.